Concerning this Item
The Library of Congress will not have liberties to product in its collections. Consequently, it doesn’t license or charge authorization charges for usage of these material and should not give or reject authorization to otherwise publish or circulate the material.
Fundamentally, it will be the researcher’s responsibility to evaluate copyright or other usage limitations and get authorization from 3rd events when needed before publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library’s collections.
For information on reproducing, publishing, and material that is citing this collection, along with usage of the initial products, see: Carol M. Highsmith – legal rights and Restrictions Information
- Rights Advisory: No understood limitations on book.
- Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-highsm-40791 (original digital file)
- Call Number: LC-DIG-highsm- 40791 (ONLINE) P&P
- Access Advisory: —
If a graphic is displaying, you can install it your self. (Some pictures display just as thumbnails away from Library of Congress as a result of liberties factors, however you gain access to bigger size pictures on location.)
Instead, you can aquire copies of varied kinds through Library of Congress Duplication Services.
- In case a image that is digital showing: The characteristics regarding the electronic image partially depend on whether or not it ended up being created from the first or an intermediate such as for instance a content negative or transparency. In the event that Reproduction quantity field above includes a reproduction quantity that begins with LC-DIG. Then there is a digital image that was made directly from the original and is of sufficient resolution for publication purposes that are most.
- When there is information placed in the Reproduction quantity field above: the reproduction can be used by you quantity to get a duplicate from Duplication Services. It shall be produced from the supply placed in the parentheses following the quantity.
Only if black-and-white (“b&w”) sources are detailed and also you want a duplicate color that is showing tint (presuming the initial has any), you are able to generally buy a good content for the initial in color by citing the phone call quantity listed above and like the catalog record (“About This Item”) along with your demand.
Cost listings, email address, and purchase kinds can be found regarding the Duplication Services internet site.
Usage of Originals
Please use the next actions to find out whether you will need to fill a call slip out into the images and Photographs researching area to look at the initial item(s). A surrogate (substitute image) is available, often in the form of a digital image, a copy print, or microfilm in some cases.
May be the item digitized? (A thumbnail (little) image is likely to be noticeable from the remaining.)
- Yes, the product is digitized. Please utilize the image that is digital preference to asking for the initial. All pictures can be seen at a size that is large you’re in any reading space in the Library of Congress. In certain full instances, just thumbnail (little) pictures can be obtained if you are outside of the Library of Congress considering that the product is legal rights limited or is not examined for liberties limitations. As being a conservation measure, we generally never provide an item that is original an electronic image can be obtained. For those who have a compelling explanation to start to see the initial, talk to a guide librarian. (often, the initial is just too delicate to provide. As an example, cup and movie negatives that are photographic especially at the mercy of harm. They are better to see on the web where these are typically presented as good pictures.)
- No, the item isn’t digitized. Please head to #2.
Perform some Access Advisory or Call quantity fields above indicate that the surrogate that is non-digital, such as for example microfilm or content images?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Guide staff can direct one to this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate doesn’t occur. Please head to number 3.
A librarian service or call the reading room between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3 to contact Reference staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated immediately from bibliographic information being a convenience, and might never be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation design:
APA citation design:
MLA citation design:
Highsmith, Carol M, professional photographer. A pawnbroker and loan that is payday, mostly of the staying viable organizations in a stretch of downtown Gary, Indiana, certainly one of America’s many economically distressed towns . -09-12. Photograph. Retrieved through the Library of Congress, .